- 78 full diamond blocks
- 0 short half-diamond blocks (top/bottom)
- 0 long half-diamond blocks (left/right)
- 48 corner stone diamonds
- 0 sashing parallelograms
Left to complete:
- 59 full diamond blocks
- 20 short half-diamond blocks (top/bottom)
- 12 long half-diamond blocks (left/right)
- 124 corner stone diamonds
- 308 sashing parallelograms
To date, I have pieced 1617 pieces of 2969 pieces for the large diamond blocks.
I did eventually use the Spoonflower fabric that I mentioned in my previous post. It wasn't an exact match, but it blends into the 'feel' of the rest of the quilt, so sucked it up and dealt with it. [My jpg was off just a little, so you can see some 'bleed' on the Spoonflower fabric -- EXACTLY like the jpg showed. Spoonflower does a wonderful job.]
The first block that I finished was block G5. I hit it with some Mary Ellen's Best Press and a hot iron, evaluated it one more time, and decided that it was 'close enough.' I finished adding the stripes to the side of the Seminole piecing and called it a block.