Thursday, March 8, 2012

First half of Set 12

First half of Set 12 by jvc_scout_mom
With these blocks complete, I have only SEVEN large half-diamonds left to sew. I hope to have them done by the end of the week. 


 

I can't hardly wait to start on the half-diamonds for the border. Does that seem silly? I know that these half-blocks are going to be nearly as much work as many of the full-diamonds. As I recall, most of the half-diamonds have 11 pieces in them. That is the same number of pieces as many of the full diamonds. There is one half-diamond that has 23 pieces, and another that has 25. So, just because the blocks are smaller, that doesn't necessarily mean that they're easier! Although, I did rejoice that there will be no applique blocks! (It is the little things in life!)

No comments: