Monday, February 20, 2012

Set 10 with layout sheet

Set 10 with layout sheet by jvc_scout_mom
While setting up the set, I refer to the layout sheet included with the documentation.

I also use this to pick out the colors of the blocks, and any modifications that have been made, or may need to be made to the template(s).

Laying out the blocks together helps me to avoid putting the same fabrics next to each other.  I do now have enough of a variety of fabrics that I do not have to use the same "yellow" or "green" or "red" in blocks that fall beside each other.

Can you tell that I did not have the blocks laid out when I picked the tan/purple stripe for the first whole block in the top centre row, and the second block in the bottom centre row.  Those stripes will fall like that -- just across a pink sashing piece from each other in the finished quilt.  Oh well.  C'est la vie!

No comments: