Monday, February 13, 2012

Set 10 - so far

Set 10 - so far by jvc_scout_mom

Here is Set 10 thusfar.  There's two more blocks to complete this set.  


Recovery from the surgery is going okay. I've done seven blocks in the last couple of days. The first day I stopped when I realized how much my tummy hurt from pressing down while cutting through the blocks.  Today, I changed the blade in my rotary cutter first thing.  It was like cutting with butter with a hot knife.  I know that my sewing station is not ideal -- I'm set up on tv trays in front of the couch, so I am sure that accounts at least a little to how quickly I tire.  However, everything is within reach, so I am not getting up/down going from my machine, to my iron to my cutting area.  In truth, in my sewing room, I have an L-shaped desk which I made a "U" by adding my ironing board to the mix.  As I sew, the ironing board is directly behind me and the cutting area is to the left.


I have been thinking about making one of my next posts a 'show' of some of my favorite tools while working on this quilt.  Do not be surprised if you see that show up in the near future.

No comments: