Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How I Assemble A Block

I don't know if this would interest you or not, but I thought that I'd share with you how I put together a diamond. 


















I begin by trimming the paper diamond. 


















Next I measure all of the sections.















I cut all of the required pieces.














I create a square in the square block, and trim to size.














I assemble the sides. I find the center by folding in half. I use the folds to align the centers.  













I use half of a spring-clothes pin to 'finger' press the seams.

















Once assembled, I lay the plexiglass template over the block and trim.

After I have trimmed the block, I separate the orts into useable and unusable piles.  














Useable goes into a Ziploc baggie, to be scavenged for later block parts.  The unusable, goes into my recycle bin. 

A quick photo of the block, before pinning the paper to the block, and I am done. 


No comments: