Sunday, March 20, 2011

K15

P1270438 by jvc_scout_mom

This is the last block in set 5. Now I must wait until May for sets 6 and 7.


I keep trying to figure out what the quilt-maker had in mind with this block. Every time I look at it I see an Hindu god/goddess. Kali perhaps? Lakshmi? Bvishnu? I don't know. I just see multiple "arms", and possibly multiple "eyes." Maybe the one on the top is a bindi. I don't know.




Completed:
  • 53 full diamond blocks
  • 0 short half-diamond blocks (top/bottom)
  • 0 long half-diamond blocks (left/right)
  • 48 corner stone diamonds
  • 0 sashing parallelograms


Left to complete:
  • 84 full diamond blocks
  • 20 short half-diamond blocks (top/bottom)
  • 12 long half-diamond blocks (left/right)
  • 124 corner stone diamonds
  • 308 sashing parallelograms

No comments: