This is the last block in set 5. Now I must wait until May for sets 6 and 7.
I keep trying to figure out what the quilt-maker had in mind with this block. Every time I look at it I see an Hindu god/goddess. Kali perhaps? Lakshmi? Bvishnu? I don't know. I just see multiple "arms", and possibly multiple "eyes." Maybe the one on the top is a bindi. I don't know.
- 53 full diamond blocks
- 0 short half-diamond blocks (top/bottom)
- 0 long half-diamond blocks (left/right)
- 48 corner stone diamonds
- 0 sashing parallelograms
Left to complete:
- 84 full diamond blocks
- 20 short half-diamond blocks (top/bottom)
- 12 long half-diamond blocks (left/right)
- 124 corner stone diamonds
- 308 sashing parallelograms