Thursday, February 10, 2011

Block Comparisons

To offer a sense of explanation for those non-quilting friends/family who might not understand what I mean when I say that the paper-pieced blocks are in reverse, or that I changed pattern/colors as I felt the block warranted, I offer you the following:



Block B2 - You can see that this block is reversed.


Block C2 - Mostly the same, but I need a good brown/white striped fabric.


Block C3 - You can see that this block is reversed. I need a good red plaid!


Block C4 - Mostly the same

I made a few alterations by using up some small pieces that I had created. I'm sure that is what the original quilter would have done. :)


Block D4 - Reversed. Again with the good brown/white stripe!



Block D5 - Again with the good red plaid.

I didn't realize until I saw this that the tips should be red. Whoopsie! Maybe a re-do in the future.



Block D6 - Pretty much spot on. Added blue because I felt the need.




No comments: