I spent the majority of Thanksgiving with my sewing machine humming. The television was on, playing the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, a few shows from TiVo, and various holiday specials.
I have been itching to work on the Lancaster Diamond Quilt for quite some time -- ever since I got Set 6. This week I purchased sets 7 through 12. That was enough to spur me into action.
This is a sampling of some of my fabrics.
This is my view for most of the day. Well, I had moved the tub of fabrics off the table and stashed it to my far-left. I used the tv-tray directly in front of me as my cutting/assembling table. I had a Clover Mini Iron off to my immediate left, and my sewing machine slightly off to the right. [This set up works well for a left-handed person.]
This is a quick photo of my book of the patterns. Everything is organized.
This is a sample of one of the pages. I mark each block with colors, so that I have an easier time looking from photo, to my Flickr account to see pictures of the actual quilt, and the cover page of each set of Ann's designs so that I can keep the blocks as true as I want to (yes, I have changed some things).
I also over-mark each block with the position -- as defined by Ann. This helps me later when I am laying out the blocks. As I complete each block, I pin the paper pattern to the back of each diamond -- those that I didn't paper-piece, that is.
So, now that I'm organized, off we go!